Groovy Cake Topper with Foil Cardstock
I love to see new trends popping up in the papercraft and party decor world and one thing I keep seeing is groovy hippie party decor. I wanted to make my own version of a groovy cake topper and I thought the foil cardstock at 12x12 Cardstock Shop would add a fun twist to my design.
- Bazzill Cardstock in Apricot, Turquoise Mist, Beeswax, Pear and Berrylicious
- American Crafts Cardstock in Grass
- Bearly Art Precision Glue
- Double Sided Adhesive Foam
- Bazzill Baby Blue Mirror Foil Cardstock
- Bazzill Red Mirror Foil Cardstock
- Cake Stick
- Hot glue
I created this project for you in Cricut Design Space. You can find the files used below, or head directly to the project page here. Note that you need to be signed in to Cricut Design Space before heading to that link.
Finished Dimensions: W 7.04” H 7.298”
This cake topper is actually incredibly easy to assemble. All the layers are color coded and welded so assembly is a breeze.
1. Start with the Berrylicious cardstock (or red foil) backing. I made two versions and really love the way the red foil looks instead of the Berrylicious. Adhere all the Apricot Orange to the red using double sided foam.
2. Adhere the Beeswax pieces to the Apricot pieces using double sided foam.
3. Adhere the Grass colored pieces to the Beeswax pieces using double sided foam.
4. Adhere the Metallic Blue Foil Cardstock pieces to the Grass colored pieces using double sided foam.
5.Assemble the remaining pieces (platform shoes, dove, groovy words)
All the layering with bright colors of cardstock and foam adhesive squares, really makes the layers stand out and pop!