It's almost wedding season and that means it's time to prep those wedding DIY projects. For those of us who sell our crafts, it means it's time to start creating ahead of the season. This DIY wedding cake topper idea is something anyone can achieve! Making it in the exact colors you want is one of the best benefits of this DIY wedding craft.
- Bazzill Cardstock in Coral Cream, Limeade, Vanilla and Tutu Pink
- American Crafts Cardstock in White and Shrimp
- Foam poster or cardboard
- Double Sided Adhesive Foam
- 2 Cake Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun
- Quilling Tool (optional)
This will depend on the size of your cake. For reference... my cake is 5” wide and my heart is roughly 11” wide and 9” tall. The reason for it being so large is because I wanted the heart to be visible, but the side of the heart has to be inserted into the cake. I would expect the topper to be placed on a tiered cake, too, so in reality it wouldn’t look quite as disproportionate. But again, the size of the heart is totally your preference. Just make sure you can angle it in such a way as to insert a cake stick on the side of the cake.
How to assemble:
Find a picture of a heart outline or use this one:
1. Print the heart and trace it onto your cardstock.
Cut out a few pieces and layer them together with the foam adhesive. You could also add cardboard or thick posterboard here to add stability to the heart.
2. Google search for a “Rolled Flower Template.” Any pattern will work but if you’re cutting it out by hand I would recommend a simple pattern. Print the rolled flower pattern in a couple different sizes ranging from 2”-4”. Cut out a ton of flowers in different colors and sizes. I used approximately 40 flowers total.
3. Start rolling the flowers. Using your tweezers or quilling tool, roll the flower around itself starting from the outside. Apply a generous amount of hot glue to the center circle. Release your rolled flower so that it opens a bit and gently press it down into the glue.
4. Arrange the flowers on the heart. Add leaves to fill in spaces.
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day