Hello 12x12 Cardstock Shop Fans! Christi here from Scrapping for Tranquility bringing you another wonderful collaboration between 3D SVG (Dreaming Tree) and 12x12 Cardstock Shop! I just love combing these two wonderful companies together! When you do, you just can’t go wrong!
This month, I decided the file I was going to use was the Fairy Lilies in the Pretty Potted Plants SVG Bundle. When it comes to choosing my pattern paper and cardstock, I go through a process that I thought I would share with you.
1. I look through the SVG files on Dreaming Tree and decide what I want to make.
2. If it is a whimsical or fairy tale file, I know I can use bold pattern paper with my cardstock. I can make it whatever I want it to be and don't have to worry about what that particular item would look like in the real world. If I don’t have the right papers, I immediately go to 12 X 12 Cardstock shop and find my pattern paper I want to use with my cardstock. I know if I order, that they fill within the day and I will have it ASAP.
3. If it is a realistic design, like this clock I made last year, or flowers that really exist, I make sure to choose my papers to keep it looking realistic. For the lilies in today's project I wanted to use this Beautiful Blessed Butterflies paper by Echo Park So I wanted my lilies to match, but I was worried that blue lilies don't exist in nature.
I looked up lilies and there is a gorgeous turquoise lily that actually exists in real life. I knew just then all I needed for my project.
This quick tip is the process I use for choosing my colors and I hope it helps you when choosing your colors.
- Blessed Butterflies by Echo Park
- My Happy Place Petite/Black Polka Dot by Doodlebug Designs
- Metallic Silver Linen by American Crafts
- Teal Dots 12x12 Patterned Cardstock by Echo Park
- Robins Egg by American Crafts
- Butter by American Crafts
- Ash by American Crafts (Smooth version here)
- Flower Stems
- Spanish Moss
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day