This Grossa Grana cardstock is thick (almost feels like watercolor paper) with a textured surface, which means it's not usually something you'd think of for stamping. BUT, if you pick the right stamps, you can really get a great look and the textured/rough finish really adds to the end result.
One of my best tips for using Neenah Granna Grossa and stamps is to start with a well inked stamp pad (make sure it’s “juicy”) and leave your inked stamp on the paper an extra second or two, so the ink has a chance to soak into this thick paper.
Now let's get down to my formula for making three cards with one 12x12 sheet of cardstock...
- Neenah Granna Grossa in Bianco
- Peaceful Wishes Stamp set (retired Stampin' Up!)
- Garden Green, Crumb Cake and Shaded Spruce Inks (Stampin' Up!)
- Rectangle Dies (Hero Arts)
1. Cut the sheet into 3 four inch wide strips. Cut each of those sheets into 2 pieces (one at 4 x 5 1/4 inches and the other leftover piece will be used for stamping the pine cones and a layering rectangle).
2. Stamp the 4 x 5 1/4 inch card front with your leaves or pine boughs. Don't worry if your leaves don't appear solid...it adds to the overall vibe of the card.
3. Take a shaped die (here I used a rectangle) and cut out the center. You will layer this panel on a slightly larger rectangle cut from the "leftover" panel.
4. Take the leftover piece from your initial cuts and stamp your pinecones on one end of the paper. I used my Misti stamping tool to get a clear, more solid image. This paper is nice & thick and holds up to repeat inking. I repeatedly stamped light brown ink pinecones onto the Granna Grossa and even added some more details with a marker.
Don't have pinecones? What about poinsettias? Or just leaves and berries?
5. Use this leftover panel to cut a shape (rectangle) that is slightly larger than the stamped panel.
6. Repeat this process two more times for three total cards!
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day