A few weeks ago, I shared here on the blog that my favorite of all the Bazzill 12x12 cardstock is the Bazzill Card Shoppe line. It is 100 lbs and stands up well to stamping, die cutting, and heat embossing. It's thicker than most other cardstocks which means it provides a sturdier base for my handmade cards. This switched shape stamping tutorial is a perfect project for this paper (especially if you like to make multiple cards in one sitting).
- Rock Candy Bazzill Card Shoppe
- Marshmallow Bazzill Card Shoppe
- Gummy Bear Bazzill Card Shoppe
- Jelly Bean Card Shoppe
- Mint Julep Card Shoppe
- Candy Necklace Card Shoppe
- Grape Delight Bazzill Smoothies
- Watermelon Sensation Bazzill Smoothies
- Gerbera Daisy stamp set from Simon Says Stamp and Friendship Blooms stamp set from Hero Arts
- Sentiment strips from Taylored Expressions
- Hello die cut from Hero Arts
To begin, take two coordinating card panels. Make sure they are exactly the same dimensions (this will be important later in the process). The two colors can be shades of each other, or complete opposites on the color wheel.
Stamp a lined image in your favorite ink. Stamp in the same place on both the card panels (it's helpful to have a stamp positioner for this part, like the Misti.) If you'd like, you can even heat emboss with embossing powder.
Now take the two coordinating panels AT THE SAME TIME and run them through your die cutting machine with a shape in the center (circle, oval, heart, whatever you have).
Next, switch the center shapes and adhere to a card base. You can choose to pop up the center shape with foam tape (like I did in the heart cards) or inlay (the oval and circle cards).
Add a sentiment or leave as a plain notecard. These cards are so versatile and can be used for any occasion.
Here are the color combos I used:
- Rock Candy and Marshmallow Card Shoppe
- Gummy Bear and Jelly Bean Card Shoppe
- Mint Julep and Candy Necklace Card Shoppe
- Grape Delight and Watermelon Sensation Bazzill Smoothies
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day