Hello! Kate here! In my endless search for "Fun Fold cards", I came across several Diamond Fold cards, but they were very intricate. I was afraid that the recipient wouldn't quite get it and would not appreciate all the work I put into it.
Come with me as I show you a quick Diamond Fold card that you can make in no time flat! And this card still fits in an A2 envelope!
To Assemble Card Base:
1. Cut cardstock to 4-1/4 x 9-3/4 inches (I used Bazzill Smoothies in Ocean Breeze).
2. Score this card base at 5-1/2 inches.
3. Mark above and below the score line at 2-1/8 inches with a faint pencil line.
4. Connect these faint marks by scoring diagonally from opposite marks to create an X in the center of the card
5. Push in at score lines to create a pointed shape when folded.
Now you just need to make the top part a diamond by measuring 2 1/8 inches on top and sides and trimming off the corners
Finishing the card:
1. Cut a piece 4 x 5-1/2 inches ( I used Bazzill Smoothies in Coconut Swirl).
2. Mark at 2 inches along the top (essentially the halfway mark) and then mark at 2" down on either side (you are forming a triangle). Following the example above on the right, cut from each side mark to the center mark to create a pointed end insert for the inside of your card.
3. You will also need a white square measuring 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches for the inside of the card (the underside of the main diamond) and a piece of 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 inches patterned paper to decorate the outside diamond.
In addition, cut a 1 x 4 inch patterned paper for the edge of the white insert. This will show when the card is folded.
Love fun fold card tutorials? Try an interlocking gate fold card.
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day
Steps 2 and 3 show this part of the project. You mark 2 1/8" above and below the score line on both sides, then draw an x from above the fold line, to below the fold line on the opposite side. And repeat for the other line. This essentially creates an x over the score line as seen in the photo below step 3.
I don’t understand the part about marking at 2 1/8 to make a diamond. I don’t see the results of this in the photo. Maybe it’s just me.
Cool new idea to try. Thank you for this tutorial! Great card. Even for guys. And you can use this design for so many various occasions 🥰
I absolutely love this I’m always looking for something different to tell about pictures on a scrapbook page. You can use it for any layout
What size envelope does this fit?
Leave a comment