Diamond Fold Fun Fold Card Tutorial
Hello! Kate here! In my endless search for "Fun Fold cards", I came across several Diamond Fold cards, but they were very intricate. I was afraid that the recipient wouldn't quite get it and would not appreciate all the work I put into it.
Come with me as I show you a quick Diamond Fold card that you can make in no time flat! And this card still fits in an A2 envelope!
To Assemble Card Base:
1. Cut cardstock to 4-1/4 x 9-3/4 inches (I used Bazzill Smoothies in Ocean Breeze).
2. Score this card base at 5-1/2 inches.
3. Mark above and below the score line at 2-1/8 inches with a faint pencil line.
4. Connect these faint marks by scoring diagonally from opposite marks to create an X in the center of the card
5. Push in at score lines to create a pointed shape when folded.
Now you just need to make the top part a diamond by measuring 2 1/8 inches on top and sides and trimming off the corners
Finishing the card:
1. Cut a piece 4 x 5-1/2 inches ( I used Bazzill Smoothies in Coconut Swirl).
2. Mark at 2 inches along the top (essentially the halfway mark) and then mark at 2" down on either side (you are forming a triangle). Following the example above on the right, cut from each side mark to the center mark to create a pointed end insert for the inside of your card.
3. You will also need a white square measuring 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches for the inside of the card (the underside of the main diamond) and a piece of 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 inches patterned paper to decorate the outside diamond.
In addition, cut a 1 x 4 inch patterned paper for the edge of the white insert. This will show when the card is folded.