I love the elf door ideas I'm seeing all over Pinterest which are basically a fun way to welcome your Elf on the Shelf back for the season. Since my kids have outgrown their elf, I came up with a fun twist on the tradition and made an elf door gift card holder.
- 1 sheet Red Devil Bazzill Cardstock
- 1/4 sheet Avalanche Bazzill Cardstock
- 1/4 sheet Bottle Green Bazzill Smoothies
- 1/4 sheet Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Scrap of cardstock 2 1/4" x 4 1/4"
- Rose Mini Pearl Kit
- Dimensional Foam Dots
- White Nuvo Dots, Stickles or White Glue
- White Glitter
- 1 foot of ribbon (optional)
- 1 - 1 3/8" circle cutter or object to trace a small circle
How to Make a Cardstock Elf Door
- From red, cut a piece 11 1/2" x 3 1/2" and cut 5 rectangles 1/2" x 1 1/4". The cut just one of those small rectangles in half, so you have 2 smaller pieces measuring 1/2" x 3/4".
- From white, cut three rectangles 1/2" x 5 3/4"
- From green, punch out three circles around 1" in size.
- From silver, punch out one circle around 1" in size + cut a small circle with a hole punch or free hand (for the doorknob). You will also need a super small square about 1/4" to be the base plate of the door knob.
- Cut a square measuring 2 1/4" x 4 1/4" from the scrap cardstock.
How to Assemble an Elf Door1. Score the large red piece at the halfway point (5 3/4" the long way). Fold in half at score line. You've basically created a folded card at this point.
2. Lay the rectangle piece of scrap cardstock lined up about 1/4" from the center score line of the red piece. Trace around the door very lightly with a pencil. You can also do this on the back side of the paper. This traced rectangle becomes the door that opens.
3. From the front side of the cardstock, use a paper cutter or exacto knife to cut three sides of the traced rectangle. Think of this like a door and cut only the top, bottom and left side of the rectangle. Score along the right side of the rectangle to make a mini door.
4. Next we are gong to fold the tag base together with the door on the front. You are basically making a card that is glued shut. The fold line should be at the bottom of the tag. Place adhesive along the left and right edges to seal the tag shut without glueing the door shut.
5. Use foam dots to add the door panels to the front of the card as shown in the picture.
6. Cut your silver circle in half, then cut one of the halves into three pieces like you are cutting a pie. Add these above your door using foam dots to resemble a window.
8. Attach the small silver square as the doorknob base plate, then add the small circle for the door knob.
candle for a clever way to give a gift card for Christmas.
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day