Have you seen the super trendy paper palm leaf crafts all over Pinterest? We sure have and Design Team Member Monica is here today to share with you a paper palm leaf tutorial including a free paper palm leaf template you can download and print.
If you are unfamiliar with the paper palm leaf trend, they are popping up on paper cake toppers, DIY party decor and even placed in a vase as home decor. This is how the boho chic trend on Pinterest is showing up in the paper world.
How to Make Paper Palm Leaves
- 1 sheet 12" x 12" Cardstock
- Scoring tool (such as a bone folder)
- Cake stick
- Printable Palm Leaf template
Let's get started...
1. Print the paper palm leaf template.
2. Cut out your template just along the edges of the blue part. The black lines are for scoring.
3. Lay the template onto your cardstock and cut out the leaf.
4. Using the template, a ruler and scoring tool and mark the lines on the cardstock piece. To do this, lay your template over the cardstock piece and place your ruler on top against a scoring line. Hold both papers down along with the ruler, and run your scoring tool along the black lines.
5. Remove the template. Carefully fold the lines in a zigzag (accordion) pattern, changing the direction of the fold on each score line.
6. After you have it all folded, pinch the bottom and glue the cake stick into one of the folds with a hot glue gun. Hold tightly until the glue dries.
7. Next cut a small strip of cardstock. Wrap it around the base of the pinched palm frond and adhere the ends together. The cake stick should be inside of this wrap around piece. This will hold the base of the paper palm leaf together. And that's it!!!
3D Paper Projects
American Crafts Cardstock
Back to school
Crafts For Kids
Cricut & Silhouette Crafting
Deisgn Team Member Monica Rodriguez
Design Team Member An Pham
Design Team Member Annie Chinoy
Design Team Member April Gonzalez
Design Team Member Cherie Dalton
Design Team member Christi Steinbeck
Design Team Member Joselyn Sierra
Design Team Member Kate Deignan
Design Team member Kathleen Eifert
Design Team Member Manasa Vavilapalli
Design Team Member Michelle Price
Design Team Member Naomi Krush
Dimensional Paper Projects
From the Owner Lynette
Glama Translucent Vellum
Neenah Classic Crest
New Years Eve
Paper Craft Tips
Paper Party Decor
Skin Tone Cardstock
St. Patrick's Day